Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dracula Free Writing Response

19 Feb. Mililani. --- I sit in the frigid school library. The industrial, fluorescent lights flicker ominously overhead and the silence is broken only by the occasional shrill remark of an elementary student. As I pour over Dracula, I find it difficult to stave off the occasional nervous thought. What if Dracula is standing right behind me? Better not look, you'll just freak yourself out. Man, I should've brought a stake... I wonder dimly if I should call out to make sure that Amy is still alive in the cubicle behind me. Better not. That would make me sound crazy, or worse, I might alert the vampires of my presence. What if everyone else in the library has already been slaughtered by the Count, and I, in some miraculous occasion, was the only one left unharmed? 
P.S. Reading Dracula directly after marathon-ing The Walking Dead was probably not the best for my frazzled nerves.





No comments:

Post a Comment